We hope you and your loved ones are healthy and doing well during this time of uncertainty. As COVID-19 has caused unprecedented disruption in our businesses and communities, we remain committed to helping you keep the protection and support you need. Thank you for being a Progressive customer.
Below are some important resources for you, your insurance and your business as we navigate this challenging time. We’ll continue updating this information as we learn more.
If you need assistance, call us anytime at 800-444-4487 and let us know how we can help. We’ll get through this together.
- Managing your insurance
- Resources for your small business
- What Truckers need to know
- Giving back – The Progressive Apron Relief Program
Managing your insurance
We understand many businesses are finding it difficult to meet their expenses—our goal is to continue to help you protect your business without interruption.
Here’s some information to help you understand what’s happening with your coverage and payments:
Policy guidance for your changing needs
We know the insurance needs of each business are unique and can change quickly, given the current environment. If you’re unable to make a payment or need other adjustments to your Commercial Auto policy, please call us at 800-444-4487 and we’ll walk you through the options that best fit your unique situation. We can also help review your policy for a billing credit if you’ve experienced a significant reduction in use of your commercial vehicles in the last sixty days due to COVID-19.
Commercial Auto billing support
To help provide relief from financial hardships as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, we did not cancel or stop the renewal of active policies due to non-payment between April 1 – May 15, 2020. Additionally, we waived late fees during this period.
As payments become due following this billing leniency, we realize some customers may still be struggling. If this is the case, please call us at 800-444-4487—every billing scenario is different, and our customer care specialists will be ready with new tools and flexible options to help work with you to manage your policy and payments moving forward.
Commercial Auto claims
You can report or check the status of a Commercial Auto claim online, through the Progressive app, directly by phone, or through your agent. Please understand that wait times might be longer than usual.
For less complicated claims, the Progressive app has a feature allowing you to submit a claim with photos from your phone.
To protect everyone's health and safety, we’ll be limiting in-person claims interactions as much as possible.
Small Business insurance
If you have questions about a Business Owners Policy issued by Progressive, you can reach our small business customer care team at 877-292-8025 from 8 AM to 8 PM EDT, Monday through Friday.
If you have a small business insurance policy sold by Progressive, but issued by another carrier, we encourage you to reach out to that insurance carrier directly with any questions you may have.
This is a situation that none of us have been through before. New questions are sure to continue to arise, and we will do our best to help. We’ll continue to monitor and respond to this situation as it evolves, and we will be here for you when you need us.
We wish you and your loved ones well, and we thank you for being a Progressive customer.
Resources for your small business
Here, you can find answers to common questions, as well as tips from experts and other small business owners on how to navigate the current business environment.
How to manage through uncertain times
Progressive Commercial has teamed up with SCORE Mentors to offer real-time, online mentoring for small business owners. Available Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2 – 5 p.m. EST, live mentors are available to answer questions and offer personalized advice in a variety of topics. Categories include funding and finance, marketing and sales, recovery and growth, business plans, and more. Peer Networking rooms are also available to help you connect with fellow small business owners facing the same issues. Register now now for real-time mentoring or peer networking!
The SCORE’s Coronavirus Small Business Resource Hub also has a wealth of resources.
Here are a few helpful highlights:
- Recorded Webinar: Navigating Long-Term Uncertainty and the Aftermath of Disruption
- 3 Tips for Properly Pivoting your Business Model
- Applying for a Business Loan Is Changing Due to COVID-19: Here’s What It Means
- How can Entrepreneurs Take Care of Their Mental Health During the Coronavirus?
In addition, check out the following sources for more important information:
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 from Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Key Questions to Guide your Post-Pandemic Plan from Inc.com
- 3 Things You Can Do to Help Your Business Survive an Economic Downturn from Inc.com
- 4 Ways to Negotiate with Vendors During Difficult Times from Inc.com
Resources and assistance for you
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has established several resources, including funding options, local assistance and more.
Visit their Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources portal to learn more about:
- Coronavirus Relief Options including the Paycheck Protection Program, SBA Express Bridge Loans and SBA Debt Relief
- Local assistance in your community
- Guidance for businesses during COVID-19
See below for more insights on how to navigate these new programs:
- SCORE Mentors to help SBOs navigate financial assistance around CARES Act
- A Primer on the CARES Act and How It Can Help Small Businesses
- EIDL vs. PPPL Infographic
Follow these links to learn about and apply for grants available to small business owners:
What Truckers need to know
Many in the truck community are being challenged to work long hours to meet the needs of our country—keeping us fed, connected, and supplied. Along with our gratitude, here’s some information that may be helpful to you.
- Updated Hours of Service Rules from the FMCSA
- Hauling a load for emergency relief: FMCSA Emergency Declaration FAQs #1 and #2
- From the FMCSA: FAQs for Commercial Drivers regarding Permission Actions
- Have you decided to temporarily suspend operations ? FMCSA guidance on motor carrier authority
- Changes to CDL regulations until 6/30/20: FMCSA CDL Waiver
Helpful information for the road
- Which truck stops might be open (by state): National Association of Truck Stop Operators
- Charitable organization that helps semi-truck drivers in need: St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund
- Health tips and walk-in clinic locations: UrgentCareTravel
- Telemedicine for truckers: UrgentCareTravel Coronavirus Evaluation Service
The Progressive Apron Relief Program
This program is a comprehensive effort to support our customers, employees, communities, and agents. Here are some of the ways we’re giving back:
To our customers
In addition to helping with payments and coverage, we are:
Supporting first responders, health care workers, and delivery personnel
First responders, health care workers, and delivery drivers are at the front lines of the crisis, and we’re doing everything we can to help by:
- Providing expedited roadside assistance
- Expanding coverage for personal auto customers who are temporarily delivering food or medicine
- Offering meal delivery for our for-hire truckers
- Providing a full-service claims experience for first responders and health care workers who experience a car accident. We’re providing transportation to work and expediting tow and vehicle repairs. And if needed, we’re deferring deductibles and providing a rental vehicle.
Offering tailored solutions
Now more than ever, every customer’s situation is different. Our priority is to keep you covered, so we’re working with customers individually to develop solutions that work for them.
To our employees
We’ve enabled the vast majority of our employees to work from home. Additionally, we’re supporting our workforce financially by:
- Providing advances on our annual bonus program
- Providing advances on vacation days and paid leave for those who are unable or uncomfortable continuing to work
- Covering co-pays for telemedicine visits and the cost of COVID-19 medical treatment
To our communities
We’ve funded an $8 million donation by the Progressive Foundation. This donation will go to charities focused on hunger, health, and homelessness, including Feeding America, the American Red Cross, and the National Alliance to End Homelessness.
We’ve also provided checks totaling over $2 million to all active auto and commercial network shops. Network shops face uncertainty and changing business conditions, and these checks are to be used for any purpose at the shop’s discretion.
To our agents
We’re continuing to invest in helping our agents succeed by:
- Donating $2 million to the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (the Big “I”) to establish the Trusted Choice® COVID-19 Relief Fund, which will help independent agencies respond to the economic and operational challenges presented by the coronavirus crisis
- Enhancing programs for Platinum and Priority agents to provide more opportunities to earn in this changing market
- Offering producers in our partner programs unlimited access to continuing education courses and increasing opportunities for all producers to earn through our Agent Rewards program
- Continuing to support agents with 24/7 access to policy servicing by phone and online and virtual visits from our sales team
- Funding 2,000 credits worth $250 each for use with the National Association of Professional Insurance Agents’ (PIA) marketing communication programs to spur business growth
For more information on the Apron Relief Program and our efforts during the pandemic, please view our press release.