We hope you and your loved ones are healthy and doing well. As COVID-19 has caused unprecedented disruption in our businesses and communities, we remain committed to helping you keep the protection and support you need. Thank you for being a Progressive customer.
Below are some important resources for you, your insurance and your business as we navigate the path forward. We’ll continue updating this information as we learn more.
If you need assistance, call us anytime at 800-444-4487 and let us know how we can help.
- Managing your insurance
- Resources for your small business
- What Truckers need to know
- Giving back – The Progressive Apron Relief Program
Managing your insurance
We know the insurance needs of each business are unique and can change quickly, given the current environment. If you’re unable to make a payment or need other adjustments to your Commercial Auto policy, please call us at 800-444-4487 and we’ll walk you through the options that best fit your unique situation.
Here’s some additional information to help you understand what’s happening with your coverage and payments:
Commercial Auto billing support
To help provide relief from financial hardships as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, we did not cancel or stop the renewal of active policies due to non-payment between April 1 – May 15, 2020. Additionally, we waived late fees during this period.
As payments have become due following this billing leniency, we realize some customers may still be struggling. If this is the case, please call us at 800-444-4487— our customer care specialists will be ready with new tools and flexible options to help work with you to manage your policy moving forward.
Commercial Auto claims
You can report or check the status of a Commercial Auto claim online, through the Progressive app, directly by phone, or through your agent. Please understand that wait times might be longer than usual.
For less complicated claims, the Progressive app has a feature allowing you to submit a claim with photos from your phone.
To protect everyone's health and safety, we’re limiting in-person claims interactions as much as possible.
Small Business insurance
If you have questions about a Business Owners Policy issued by Progressive, you can reach our small business customer care team at 877-292-8025 from 8 AM to 8 PM EDT, Monday through Friday.
If you have a small business insurance policy sold by Progressive, but issued by another carrier, we encourage you to reach out to that insurance carrier directly with any questions you may have.
Resources for your small business
Here, you can find answers to common questions, as well as tips from experts and other small business owners on how to navigate the current business environment.
SCORE Support for your business
Progressive Commercial has teamed up with SCORE Mentors to offer real-time, online mentoring for small business owners. Available Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2 – 5 p.m. EST, live mentors are available to answer questions and offer personalized advice in a variety of topics. Categories include funding and finance, marketing and sales, recovery and growth, business plans, and more. Peer Networking rooms are also available to help you connect with fellow small business owners facing the same issues. Register now now for real-time mentoring or peer networking!
The SCORE’s Small Business Resilience Hub also has a wealth of resources.
Here are some helpful highlights:
- Recorded Webinar: Reopening and Staying Open — How to Assess the Past 60 Days and Prepare for What’s Next
- Register for August 13 Webinar: Business SWOT Analysis Fundamentals—An Easy Way to Ensure your Business Succeeds
- Adapt or Reopen Your Business Hub
Additional resources for maintaining and restarting your business
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has established several resources, including funding options, local assistance and more. Visit their Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources portal to learn more.
- Guidance on Preparing Business and Workplaces from the CDC
- Reopening Business Digital Resources Center from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Key Questions to Guide your Post-Pandemic Plan from Inc.com
What Truckers need to know
Many in the truck community are being challenged to work long hours to meet the needs of our country—keeping us fed, connected, and supplied. Along with our gratitude, here’s some information that may be helpful to you.
- Emergency Declaration extended through July 14, 2020
- Updated Hours of Service Rules from the FMCSA
- Hauling a load for emergency relief: FMCSA Emergency Declaration FAQs #1 and #2
- From the FMCSA: FAQs for Commercial Drivers regarding Permission Actions
- Have you decided to temporarily suspend operations ? FMCSA guidance on motor carrier authority
- Changes to CDL regulations from 7/1/20 through 9/30/20: FMCSA CDL Waiver
Helpful information for the road
- Resources from a charitable organization for semi-truck drivers: St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund
- Health tips and walk-in clinic locations: UrgentCareTravel
- Telemedicine for truckers: UrgentCareTravel Coronavirus Evaluation Service
The Progressive Apron Relief Program
This program is a comprehensive effort to support our customers, employees, communities, and agents. Here are some of the ways we’re giving back:
To our customers
In addition to helping with payments and coverage, we are:
Supporting first responders, health care workers, and delivery personnel
First responders, health care workers, and delivery drivers are at the front lines of the crisis, and we’re doing everything we can to help by:
- Providing expedited roadside assistance
- Expanding coverage for personal auto customers who are temporarily delivering food or medicine
- Providing a full-service claims experience for first responders and health care workers who experience a car accident. We’re providing transportation to work and expediting tow and vehicle repairs. And if needed, we’re deferring deductibles and providing a rental vehicle.
Offering tailored solutions
Now more than ever, every customer’s situation is different. Our priority is to keep you covered, so we’re working with customers individually to develop solutions that work for them.
To our employees
We’ve enabled the vast majority of our employees to work from home. Additionally, we’re supporting our workforce financially by:
- Providing advances on our annual bonus program
- Providing advances on vacation days and paid leave for those who are unable or uncomfortable continuing to work
- Covering co-pays for telemedicine visits and the cost of COVID-19 medical treatment
To our communities
We’ve funded an $8 million donation by the Progressive Foundation. This donation will go to charities focused on hunger, health, and homelessness, including Feeding America, the American Red Cross, and the National Alliance to End Homelessness.
We’ve also provided checks totaling over $2 million to all active auto and commercial network shops. Network shops face uncertainty and changing business conditions, and these checks are to be used for any purpose at the shop’s discretion.
To our agents
We’re continuing to invest in helping our agents succeed by:
- Donating $2 million to the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (the Big “I”) to establish the Trusted Choice® COVID-19 Relief Fund, which will help independent agencies respond to the economic and operational challenges presented by the coronavirus crisis
- Offering producers in our partner programs unlimited access to continuing education courses and increasing opportunities for all producers to earn through our Agent Rewards program
- Continuing to support agents with 24/7 access to policy servicing by phone and online and virtual visits from our sales team
- Funding 2,000 credits worth $250 each for use with the National Association of Professional Insurance Agents’ (PIA) marketing communication programs to spur business growth
For more information on the Apron Relief Program and our efforts during the pandemic, please view our press release.