Business Owners insurance (also known as a Business Owners Policy or BOP) protects your small business from a variety of risks including accidents, property damage, loss of income and more.
You could be eligible to get a General Liability or Business Owners Policy through the Progressive Commercial Advantage program as a part of your business insurance plan.
Who Needs Business Owners Insurance?
Small businesses such as retail stores or restaurants, and independent contractors need business owners insurance to safeguard against unexpected financial loss.
As a small business owner, you’re exposed to many risks. An accident caused by you or one of your employees could result in a lawsuit that puts you out of business. Business Owners insurance could prevent this from happening by providing liability protection.
As a contractor, you’re generally required to carry business liability insurance that protects the interests of a property owner or the worksite’s general contractor.
If eligible, you could get your business owners insurance through the Progressive Commercial SM program. Use the form above to find out.
Business Owners Insurance for Small Businesses
A Business Owners insurance policy offers three main types of coverage for small businesses:
- General Liability Insurance – General liability insurance provides protection if you cause bodily injury, property damage, personal injury or advertising injury.
- Buildings and Business Personal Property Coverage - Provides replacement cost coverage for buildings and most business owners' personal property.
Note: Property coverage is optional for contractors.
- Loss of Income and Extra Expense - When your insured property is damaged, you are protected for loss of business income. We insure your net income and continuing normal operations expenses, including payroll, for up to 12 months - with no preset amount.
These coverages are also available on a business owner’s policy:
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Electronic Data and Equipment Coverage
- Personal Property of Others Coverage
- Valuable Papers and Records Coverage
- And more...
Business Owners Insurance for Contractors
Contractors can have slightly different needs than small businesses. BOPs for contractors include these basic coverages:
- Contractors Liability - Provides general liability insurance if you cause bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury on a job site up to a certain limit.
Example: One of your employees accidentally damages the plumbing in a building and causes water damage.
- Blanket additional insured coverage - When required by contractual agreements, your liability coverage extends to protect the interests of the property owner during a construction project.
These coverages are also available for contractors:
- Limited property of others liability, including "faulty workmanship."
- Short-term pollution from pollutants at job site.
- Building and business personal property at replacement cost.
- Business income and extra expense when property is insured
- And more...
Bundle and Save
You'll receive a Package Discount up to 15 percent on your commercial auto insurance premium if you have both a Business Auto Policy with Progressive and an active Business Owners Policy.
Check your eligibility and get a General Liability quote today