From minimum coverage to specialized protection, our flexible options allow you to get your business insured accurately for each stage of your business's development.
Basic business insurance
Accidents, illnesses, lawsuits… If you're in business, you're exposed. While the number of risks you're exposed to is almost unlimited, you might only need a few basic coverages to start out. For example:
- General liability insurance - All small businesses, old and new, need general liability insurance. It's basic liability protection that guards against things like accidents, injuries, property damage and lawsuits.
- Commercial auto insurance - If you use vehicles for work, you'll need commercial auto insurance to be fully covered. Personal policies don't usually cover work related incidents. You'll save up to 5% if you combine this with General Liability! Do you need a commercial auto policy? Find out here.
As your business grows
Most small businesses insurance needs quickly extend beyond basic liability and commercial auto insurance. Certain jobs require specific coverages, employees need protection, and a number of risks fall outside the protection of basic liability coverage.
When insurance coverages are packaged together, it's often referred to as a Business Owners Policy, or BOP. Additional coverages in a BOP might include:
- Property - This can protect your commercial buildings and most of your personal property. Both of which are not covered by liability insurance. Liability normally covers other people's assets, not yours.
- Business income interruption - If your policy includes coverage for property, you also have protection in the event of business interruption. For example, if you have a property claim that prevents you from operating your business, business income interruption coverage could help pay you for your lost income, employee salaries and rent expenses.
- Professional liability - Do you give professional advice or provide a professional service? If so, you should probably carry professional liability insurance. This can be endorsed to your BOP.
While technically not part of a BOP, we also offer workers' compensation insurance to help pay for things like medical costs and lost wages of employees who become ill or injured on the job.
Business insurance for contractors
We cater to the special needs of contractors by offering general liability as a stand-alone coverage for contractors who don't need a full BOP. Learn more about what we offer contractors.
Business insurance cost
Multiple factors influence the cost of your business insurance. These typically include:
- Your business type
- Your location
- How many years you've been in business
- The number of employees you have
- The amount of coverage you need
These risk factors vary from business to business. For example, a new company with a large number of employees will most likely pay more than a tenured company with no employees.
While the process might seem complicated, getting an accurate rate is easy. Just start a quote online, or simply call us. Our specially trained commercial representatives can help you decide which coverages and limits you need to match your unique situation.
Types of business insurance
From brick-and-mortar shops to contractors on the go, we insure most types of small businesses such as:
- Beauty Salons
- HVAC Services
- Any many more
In addition to outstanding customer and claims services, we also provide valuable discounts, fast online certificate services, flexible payment options, online bill payment capabilities and more. Call today for a complete rundown.