Consulting insurance is coverage that protects consultants from the overwhelming financial strains caused by claims of negligence and other situations that arise from their business. Computer consultants, educational consultants and financial consultants are a few of the many people who need this type of liability insurance protection.
Protect your consulting business through the Progressive Advantage® Business Program. Our agents are specially trained in commercial insurance and can help you find the coverages you need to safeguard your livelihood.
What does it cost?
Your consulting insurance cost primarily depends on your area of specialty and coverage needs. For example, a strategy consultant might need a typical errors and omissions (E&O) policy, whereas a computer consultant might need technology errors and omissions (Tech E&O) coverage depending on the scope of their services.
Other factors that affect your liability insurance cost includes business location, claims history, number of employees and more. The best way to find out what you’ll pay is to get a quote customized to your unique business.
Basic consulting coverage:
- Professional Liability: An essential coverage for consultants. Protects if you’re sued for negligence related to your professional services. It’s also known as Errors and Omissions (E&O).
- Commercial Auto: You’ll need this coverage if you use a vehicle for work. This can include vehicles used for transporting clients, running errands or visiting accounts.
Other coverage you might need:
- Business Owners Policy (BOP): Provides liability and property coverage into one package.
- Cyber Insurance: Protects against data breaches, cyber attacks and other electronic threats. Ideal for consultants who handle customer data and other sensitive information.
- Workers’ Compensation: Protects if your employees become injured or ill at work.
Let us help
Whether you need a single E&O policy or a combination of coverages, our team of in-house specialists can help you find the consulting insurance you’re looking for.
Call us today for a free quote and to learn more about which consulting insurance coverages to consider for your business. You can also start a quote online.