Gym insurance is business insurance written to fulfill the specific coverage needs of gym owners. As a gym owner, choosing the right liability insurance is crucial, as it can protect against costly claims like a customer’s injury or a claim of negligence against your business, any of which can result in astronomical costs.
Luckily, making sure you’re protected is easy with the Progressive Advantage® Business Program. We’ll connect you with a provider for a customized gym insurance policy just for your business.
How much does gym insurance cost?
Gym insurance cost is determined by a variety of factors, including coverage needs and staff size. For example, a gym with a pair of personal trainers on staff will have a different gym insurance rate than one that contracts out their personal trainers.
Click here to get started with a free and easy gym insurance quote.
Basic gym insurance coverage:
- General Liability: Basic gym liability insurance, this covers accidents that can occur in your gym, such as customer slip and falls. It also protects against lawsuits that can arise from such accidents.
- Professional Liability: Also called errors and omissions (E&O) insurance, this protects against claims of negligence. For example, a member claims they were injured while performing a new exercise under the supervision of a gym employee and sues. E&O could protect your gym.
Other gym insurance you might need:
- Cyber Insurance: Cyber insurance is protection against damages that can result from cyber threats and data breaches. If you store digital data, such as customers' credit card info for recurring payments, you might need this coverage.
- Business Owners’ Policy (BOP): BOPs combine general liability with commercial property damage coverage, along with any additional endorsements you select.
- Workers’ Compensation: If your gym has employees, workers’ comp is almost always a requirement. It protects against employee injuries or illnesses that occur while at work.
Get what you need in one place
Starting a free gym insurance quote has never been easier. Call us or click today and we’ll take the guesswork out of what insurance you need to protect your gym.