Bakery insurance is business insurance customized to meet the specific needs of both commercial and home bakeries. Selecting the right coverage for your bakery insurance policy is crucial, as it can protect your bakery from a potentially crippling financial loss, from a customer slip and fall to an employee severely burning themselves.
Luckily, meeting your bakery insurance requirements is easy with Progressive Advantage® Business Program. We’ll connect you with one of our providers to get the exact coverages you need.
How much does bakery insurance cost?
Bakery insurance cost is calculated based on several factors, from business size to claims history. For example, a bakery with ten employees in a retail space will have a different cost to insure than a home bakery insurance policy with just one.
Learn more about how bakery insurance cost is calculated here.
Basic bakery insurance coverage:
- General Liability: This bakery liability insurance protects against accidents that your business could be held liable for as well as any resulting lawsuits. For example, a display rack falls and injures a customer at your bakery. General liability could help cover their medical expenses.
- Commercial Auto: If you use your vehicle for your bakery business, such as for delivering orders, you’ll need commercial auto insurance. Progressive insures a variety of commercial vehicles typically used by bakeries.
Other bakery insurance you might need:
- Business Owners’ Policy (BOP): A BOP combines general liability insurance with additional coverages, usually property damage, into a single business insurance policy.
- Workers’ Compensation: This coverage protects your employees from injuries and illnesses that can occur on the job. For example, an employee seriously burns themselves on an oven. Workers’ comp could help cover their medical expenses and lost wages.
- Cyber Insurance: Cyber insurance protects against damages that can occur because of a data breach. If your business stores customer info or accepts credit cards, you may need this coverage.
Get what you need in one place
Getting started with a quote for bakery and confectionary business insurance is easy. Just call or click and our in-house agency can start customizing an insurance policy specific for your bakery needs today.