Auto Mechanic Insurance
Auto mechanic insurance is designed to protect auto repair shop mechanics and mobile mechanics from costly liabilities that result from unexpected accidents such as customer injury, employee illness and property damage. Adequate insurance coverage can safeguard your small business from the financial risks associated with lawsuits and claims.
Insure your small business through the Progressive Advantage® Business Program. Our licensed professionals can help you find custom insurance for your auto mechanic business.
What does it cost?
The cost of your mechanic insurance depends on the specific type of work you do. For example, an auto mechanic who owns a garage and stores customer vehicles will have a different rate than a mobile mechanic who uses a work vehicle to travel to various locations.
Your coverage needs, number of employees and claims history are also considered when calculating your cost. Learn more about which factors affect your business insurance rate.
Basic auto repair business insurance:
- Garage Liability: Protects auto repair shops from liabilities like damages caused by faulty work and customer slips and falls. It doesn’t cover your building or mechanic tools, so you’ll want to consider property and equipment insurance if you’re needing protection for these types of assets.
- Garagekeepers Legal Liability: Coverage if you’re found responsible for the physical damage of a customer’s vehicle while it’s in your care, custody and control.
Other mechanic shop insurance you might need:
- Commercial Auto: If you’re a mobile mechanic, or use vehicles for your business, you’ll need a commercial auto policy. We insure vehicles common to auto repair businesses such as pickups and tow trucks.
- Workers’ Compensation: Protects if your employees become injured or ill while at work.
- General Liability: Mobile mechanics typically don’t have business property, but still need basic liability protection in case they cause bodily injury or property damage in the course of their work.
Get your free quote
Our team of professionals are specially trained to help you find insurance that matches the needs and budget of your auto mechanic or auto repair business. Start a quote online or call us today.