Handyman Insurance

Protect yourself and your small business with customized coverage.

As a jack-of-all trades, you’re exposed to many types of risk, and you might even work alone. Handyman insurance can help shield you from things like injuries or property damage that could result in devastating lawsuits and penalties. Without handyman insurance, even one of these problems could put you out of business.

Protect yourself with handyman insurance through the Progressive Advantage® Business Program. You could be eligible for protection including business owners policy (BOP), workers' compensation, commercial auto insurance and more.

General liability insurance

General liability insurance, or GL, is a fundamental part of handyman insurance. It could provide protection against lawsuits and other financial liabilities that result from things like accidents or other mishaps.

GL is often bundled with a variety of other coverages in a BOP. However, you might be eligible to get handyman insurance with general liability coverage through the Progressive Advantage Business Program without getting a full BOP. Check eligibility.

Workers' compensation insurance

Workers' compensation insurance through the Progressive Advantage Business Program could help cover the medical costs and a portion of lost wages for an employee who becomes ill or injured during work. Discover if you're eligible to include workers' compensation coverage to your handyman insurance package. Check eligibility.

Handyman insurance for vehicles

We provide all types of contractor vehicle insurance including:

In addition to outstanding commercial vehicle claims services, we also provide flexible payment options and fast online bill payment capabilities.

Learn more common types of commercial vehicles we insure and browse commercial auto insurance information organized by vehicle type. Also view a list common trailers we insure.

The laws covering handyman insurance can vary from state to state. Make sure you carry enough liability insurance to be protected and legal to work in your state.