Construction Insurance

Work-related accidents are common, and they can be costly without the right coverage. Construction insurance can protect your business against financial liabilities that could result from unexpected accidents and other situations. Adequate coverage could mean the difference between staying in business or not.

The Progressive Advantage® Business Program offers a variety of commercial products, including general liability, workers’ compensation and commercial auto.

Who needs it?

If you own a construction business, you should always have commercial insurance. Many clients require construction businesses to carry specific coverages before they can work for them. Businesses involved in construction work often specialize in trades like:

  • Excavation
  • Home improvement
  • Land clearing
  • Remodeling
  • Home building
  • Asphalt laying
  • Welding
  • Sprinkler installation
  • Parking lot striping
  • Fence & deck building
  • Concrete laying
  • Stone & granite work
  • Roofing
  • Windows & siding

How much does it cost?

The different trades that do construction work are exposed to different types and degrees of risk. This variety of exposure is one of the many factors used to calculate a business’s construction insurance cost.

For example, an excavator might risk damaging underground water or power lines, while a roofer might risk falling from a roof or ladder. Those are different kinds of risk, so you could expect their insurance rates to differ.

Other influences on your rate include your coverage needs, employees, work vehicles and claims history. The only way to know your exact rate is to get a customized quote. Just call us or quote online.

Basic construction coverage:

General Liability

This common construction liability coverage protects your business if it’s responsible for events like property damage, bodily injury or defective work.

Commercial Auto

This coverage protects vehicles used in your business and includes those that transport your tools and equipment. Adding physical damage coverage to your policy gives you the choice to cover permanently attached equipment, such as bolted tool boxes or ladder racks.

Other coverages you might need:

Business Owners Policy (BOP)

A BOP is a package policy that combines general liability with coverage for your commercial buildings and personal property.

Workers’ Compensation

Workers’ comp covers employee medical costs and a portion of lost wages if they become ill or injured while at work.

Find what you need in one place

Reduce the hassle of dealing with multiple companies and contacts to buy and maintain your construction insurance and call us instead.

Our commercial auto specialists can insure your work vehicles and trailers, while our in-house agency can help you with a business insurance quote through our select providers.

More information

Man sits at desk and calls to get a construction liability insurance quote

Insure your construction business today

Get a quoteOr, call 1-888-806-9598