Frequently Asked Questions

Commercial Auto

A commercial vehicle is any motor vehicle used for business purposes including the transportation of goods or people. Commercial vehicles include trucks, cargo vans and certain private passenger vehicles. A commercial vehicle typically requires a commercial auto policy to be covered.

Learn more about the types of commercial vehicles Progressive insures.

You probably need commercial auto insurance if you use vehicles for work related tasks. However, the type of policy you need depends on your coverage needs and business situation.

Not sure if you need commercial auto insurance? Learn more about the difference between commercial and personal auto policies or call us to speak with a licensed professional.

Business Insurance

There are several business insurance coverages to choose from, and what you need depends on the unique needs of your business. For example, you’ll want to consider a business owners policy (BOP) if you have commercial property. If you have employees, you’ll likely need workers’ compensation.

Use our Product Selector tool to find out which coverages to consider for your small business. To know for certain, get started with a free quote online, over the phone or with an agent.

Yes. While an LLC can help protect your personal assets, it doesn’t protect your business assets. Business insurance protects your business assets from lawsuits or costly claims.

Yes, a home-based business is exposed to many of the same risks as any other type of business. For example, if clients or customers visit your home office, you should consider general liability insurance to protect your business in case of a slip and fall accident.

General Liability

A commercial general liability (CGL) policy is just another term for a general liability policy. This means a CGL policy covers claims of property damage, customer injury, product related claims and advertising injuries.

Yes, if the lawsuit is the result of a loss covered by your policy. For example, a customer slips and falls in your establishment. Your general liability policy could help cover the cost should they sue your business for their injuries.

Professional Liability

Professional indemnity insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance, is another name for professional liability insurance. These names are often used interchangeably and protect your business against claims of professional negligence.

They're two different coverages. Cyber insurance protects your business from the effects of a data breach, while technology errors and omissions insurance protects against claims of negligence or failure to deliver a service.

Technology errors and omissions insurance is professional liability insurance for technology based businesses.

Business Owners Policy (BOP)

Small to medium-sized businesses with commercial property should consider a BOP. It combines general liability and commercial property insurance. This combination gives you both liability protection - for things like accidents and lawsuits - and commercial property insurance, which covers your building and business personal property.

Business personal property is coverage for property owned and used by your business. It’s a coverage included in a business owners policy.

A business owners policy covers liability claims, like customer injury and property damage not owned by the business, along with protecting your commercial building and its contents.

A business owners policy combines general liability and property insurance into one easy to manage policy. General liability protects your business from third-party liability claims, including bodily injury, property damage and personal injury. There's no need for an additional general liability insurance policy if you have a BOP.

`Html.Partial("~/Views/Core/tracking/_monetateJSTag.cshtml", Model)