Tips to save money on commercial auto insurance
There are other ways to keep your commercial auto insurance down besides qualifying for discounts. Choose the options that fit your business's needs and your commercial auto insurance budget.
- Increase Your Commercial Auto Insurance Deductibles: If you choose higher commercial auto insurance deductibles, you'll pay less for your commercial insurance. You’ll want to select a commercial auto insurance deductible that you can afford to pay out of pocket if you get into an accident.
- Pay By Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT): Choose one of our EFT payment plans if you'd rather not pay your commercial auto insurance premium in full. With EFT, we waive the usual check processing fees and deduct your commercial auto payments directly from your checking account. This option lets you focus on running your business – not paying your bills.
Not all commercial auto discounts and pricing factors are available in every state and situation. You can ask your agent about available discounts when you get a quote.
Save with seasonal insurance
If your business is seasonal, you might be able to save money with a seasonal insurance policy. It could help reduce costs while eliminating breaks in your coverage.
Here's how seasonal insurance can save you money during your slow season.
Maintain your coverage
Maintaining coverage during your slow season could save you money in the long run. Not only will your vehicles be covered, but also many insurance companies offer significant savings to customers that keep continuous coverage.
Your insurance company will likely ask to see proof of continuous coverage to offer you the best rate. If you drop your insurance, only to pick it back up for your busy season, you might end up offsetting any savings you gained by letting your policy lapse.
Reduce your coverage
Instead of canceling your policy, consider reducing your coverage. If you store commercial vehicles for a significant amount of time during the slow season, you might not need continuous liability coverage, depending on your state's insurance requirements.
You might be able to save money on your premium by switching your policy to seasonal comprehensive coverage only.
Comprehensive insurance is coverage that protects against risks other than a collision with another vehicle. These risks include damage from fire, theft, vandalism and various other mishaps that can happen to your vehicles while they're in storage.
Reducing coverage while maintaining insurance through your off-season could reduce your exposure to risk and lower your out-of-pocket expenses.
To learn more about how reducing and maintaining your commercial vehicle coverage can save you money during your slow season, call 1-888-806-9598.
Progressive commercial auto insurance discounts
We offer discounts designed exclusively for our commercial auto customers. Depending on your business type, you may be eligible for multiple discounts for your business auto insurance, tow truck insurance or commercial truck insurance policy.
- Pay Your Insurance In Full: You can save up to 15%** by paying your entire commercial auto insurance premium up front.
- Experienced Business Discount: Business auto insurance, commercial truck insurance and tow truck insurance customers who have been in business for more than three years are eligible for a discount.
- Experienced Commercial Driver Discount: Commercial truck insurance and tow truck insurance customers who have a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) can save on their premium.
- Package Discount: Business auto customers with an active general liability or business owners policy might qualify for a discount.
**Discount is lower in WA and VA and excludes six-month policies in FL. DISCOUNT NOT OFFERED IN CA AND HI.